background

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tom Toms

Boy howdy, am I excited! Next Saturday we (my place of employ) are hosting a Style Your Sole event for Toms Shoes! Customers come in, and buy a pair of Toms, and artists custom paint designs on them at no extra charge! Oh and I am just SO thrilled, because I am one of the artists! Eeeek! At first, I was terrified, and dreading the event-kind of, because I the idea of ruining somebody's shoes made me utterly nauseous. Picture me, hand shaking uncontrollably to begin with, and then, out of no where, A SNEEZE ATTACK STRIKES ME DOWN AND MY HAND GOES A-WALL AND BAM! Crazy @$$ shoes, with streaks and stripes and blotches and stains instead of the clean lines and cures that I strive for. Oy Vey! Phew....Could you imagine!? I know...."what a drama queen". I know. Now that I've had some time to let it marinade a little, I have realized that the feeling of failure is exactly what I have been trying to overcome. So instead of letting it get to me, I've decided to have the mindset that "paint is forgiving, and I can go over my mistakes IF I should mess up." OH- and did I mention that I get a free pair from Toms?.....GAH! What?! I am so honored. Plus, for every pair purchased, Toms donates a pair to a child in need. It's a win win win. Customer gets some rockin shoezies, little children who so desperately need protection from the elements and the hard, unforgiving ground get a pair of shoes, and I get to get my name out there and get a pair! Woah baby. My mind is blown, SO MUCH GOOD! And soon-these little, beauties will be mine :)

3 comments:

  1. What an exciting opportunity! I'm sure you will do an amazing job. I hope you will post some pics of the ones you paint.
    I love the ones you posted a picture of. Those have been on my "list" for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want C.C. Meyers on my shoes, playing in a band with Karl and Geddy Lee.

    ReplyDelete